analytical and critical thinking skills
SOLUTION AT Australian Expert Writers
Each student will be required to complete 2 individual cases/ projects during the semester. Papers are to follow APA standards (APA style manual (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.) and be limited to 4 pages (not including the Academic Honesty Cover Sheet: Academic Honesty Coversheet. The purpose of these cases will be to develop analytical and critical thinking skills by combining the analytical tools from class with other disciplines
(1) In the basic assignment, you are to pick out what YOU think are the KEY issues and make recommendations, applying class theory on the way. That’s it. Some of the key issues might arise in the questions at the end of the case, but I can’t guaranty that.
(2) The grading criteria (below) serve to give you a clear understanding of how I will evaluate the cases.
(3) Although this might seem ambiguous, please understand that after 25 years of being in the business world, I can assure you that your boss will not say “Is this true or false” or “Should I do A,B,C,D, or All of the Above?” So…I believe that a key to your professional success will lie in your ability to pick out the KEY issues (there are many issues that are less important…so choosing the critical one(s) will be very important) and address them with logical recommendations that answer the “why” (and not just “I think/feel”).
I know that doing this well will require time and effort, but believe me – this experiential exercise creates A LOT of work for me as I do read each and every one- but I feel obliged to do this, as it might help you develop as a professional, and isn’t that what we are supposed to be dong here?
So… I hope that answers your question, but please feel free to email me (in the class email system) so we will all be on the same page…
Case Grading Criteria
25%: Identification of Key Issues
Realizing that there are numerous issues, choose those which are the most critical
to the future success of the organization at the time of the case. These key issues
may arise from any part of the organization, thus they need not be limited to
people, i.e. systems and procedures may be of the utmost importance at any one
time. (For term group projects, updating of the information is recommended)
25%: Application of Theory
Complement your good ideas and common sense with the ‘tools’ of this class, i.e.
class/text theory, (past FIU, the ‘tools’ of your profession will be developed as
you ‘grow’ as a professional). By adding this perspective to your work, both for
class AND past FIU, it will be stronger in its content, and ultimately, more
convincing to your reader.
Past FIU, the quality of your recommendations will be a critical factor in your
success. Recommendations should, if possible, include alternatives so as to
increase objectivity. Also, there should be reasoning that “sells” your idea, both in
theory and implementation, i.e. the “why, who, how, when, etc.” of your idea.
Organizing and delivering your ideas in a succinct and logical manner is vital to
the success of your work, for if the presentation is poor, your good ideas could
get lost. Good grammar and syntax are vital, for a reader can get distracted to the point of
losing the message, your professional credibility can be damaged by the inability to write
effectively, i.e. typos can leave a lasting impression. Proofreading by a
third party is highly recommended.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA Ph. D. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER