Case Study: | Good Grade Guarantee!
You are working as a Network Engineer with a computer systems integration company named “Gold Grabbers”. You have been tasked with designing a new IoT Smart Office for a new medium size client “Hoarders” based in Perth, which has another office in Kalgoorlie. You will use your newly gained knowledge to design and manage the network infrastructure in order to facilitate a successful outcome for Gold Grabbers and the client which can accommodate their requirements now and for another five years.
As part of the project you are expected to create a smart office in Perth with the criteria and devices given below. The Main Smart Office at Perth includes, but is not limited to the following smart devices:
Carbon Dioxide Detector
Wind Speed Detector
All devices are connected through the office wireless router to the modem which in turn is connected to the Internet via the ISP “Perth Pods”. All the devices are registered on the Remote Server located at the ISP. These devices should be controlled locally by a Tablet device which is also connected to the wireless network.
Build and configure a smart office. (Refer to the file in the Student Resources Folder ITC560 Assign2 Help File.doc). Start the smart office from the basic file available from the link: https://static-course-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/I2PTNet11/en/index.html#220.127.116.11 (from Introduction to Packet Tracer v1.1 on https://www.netacad.com).
Save the file as StudentID_Firstname_ITC560.pkt (using your own student ID and first name).
ALL screenshots for each step with a brief explanation must be included in the document. Once the Assignment is complete, you must embed the packet tracer file in the Word document as StudentID_Firstname_ITC560.pkt and display it as an icon (2 marks will be deducted if the file is not found or not embedded). The Word document with ALL screenshots AND packet tracer file must be submitted. The Word file with packet tracer file embedded must be submitted to EASTS.
Perth Smart Office Design:
1. Add, connect, enable and configure the registration server, tablet and wireless router as shown in Figure 1 below (1 mark)
2. Add, configure the smart devices and name these as given in Figure 1 below. Note that these devices should be wirelessly connected to a wireless router, they should be encrypted using AES with WPA-PSK and the pass phrase MUST be your student ID (1 mark). Connect and activate the devices with username and password (use your Student ID for both). This is to ensure a unique login to the smart network (1 mark)
3. Set up all the smart device attributes in the Perth Office through the tablet web browser as shown in Figure 1 below (this is an incomplete diagram, also make sure all labels match requirements) (2 marks). Use DNS wwwFirstName.com (where FirstName is your own first name) to access the connected devices (1 mark)
4. Show the protocols that are used in transmitting a simple PDU from the tablet to the remote server (by going to simulation mode) and record all the protocols that are used for transmission of the simple PDU when the packet is: (2 marks)
• in progress; and
• successfully delivered
5. Add a new branch office in Kalgoorlie. Connect these sites using appropriate devices and configure accordingly (see Figure 2). Use a new Tablet device and PC in the Kalgoorlie office to control smart devices at the Perth office. It should be on a different network to the main office (3 marks).
6. Log on to the web browser on your Tablet or PC at the Kalgoorlie Office and manage the devices as given below (2 marks)
Turn the Ceiling Fan to Low
Lock the Door
Dim the Lamp
Open the Garage Door
7. Use conditions to setup the following: (2 marks)
Open Window1 and Window2 and switch on the ceiling fan when the CO2 level inside the office increases (you should include appropriate conditions for the case when the CO2 levels return to normal)
Close the Garage Door when wind is detected (it should open when there is no wind – you can adjust the wind speed using environmental controls)
Show screenshots before, during and after the conditions are triggered (write a note with the screenshots to indicate how these were achieved)
Part 2 (4 marks)
After successfully deploying the prototype in Part 1, the client requires a detailed costing for an overall cost of the project. Students must provide valid external references (NOT from Packet Tracer) to support recommendations for ALL networking and smart devices required to build a smart office. The client has allowed an adequate budget to purchase the devices yet obviously does not want to spend more than necessary.
Your assessment should be submitted as an MS Word document (with embedded Packet Tracer file). Do not submit your assignment in any other format and also do not submit multiple copies of the assessment. Use A4 page size with Times New Roman/Arial/Calibri font and use font size 11 or 12. Please include a title, your student ID and name with your submission. Your name should also be included as a footnote, with page numbers in your document.
References: You MUST use the APA referencing style for all cited material you have used in your work (with in-text citations).
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM.
- **REMEMBER TO PRECISE PAGE NUMBER**
- Hit The Order Button To Order A **Custom Paper**