Demonstrate the use of research evidence for nursing practice applied to the care of a surgical patient
SOLUTION AT Australian Expert Writers
This assignment requires you to consider the case scenario of Sarah Brown who has undergone a laparotomy.
Your answer will concentrate on the first 24 hours of post-surgical care.
Subheadings are required for each question
1. Provide an INTRODUCTION (approximately 100 words)
An introduction will provide clear scope about the direction of your assignment. This includes providing some background to your essay (not restating the case) and defining the issues that you will be addressing in your discussion.
Part A : Use template provided at the end of this document: Maximum 2 pages (10 font)
This section will focus on the first 24 hours of post-surgical care. Prioritisation of care is required.
This part of the assignment asks you to formulate a plan of care including the following 4 elements:
· Potential clinical issues
· Interventions (independent nurse initiated interventions and collaborative interventions)
· Rationales (supporting the interventions)
Using the provided plan of care template, identify priority clinical issues, and nursing interventions (refer to the example provided)
1. Gather ASSESSMENT: Analyse the case scenario and document appropriate assessment data from the case study. Consider the clinical data you have been given BP, RR, urine output and the data that is missing e.g. Respiratory rate = 12 but what is the depth / quality/ breathe Sarah’s breathing
2. Identify FOUR (4) PRIORITY clinical problems for Sarah. Justify each problem based on the data collected and analysed from Sarah’s clinical assessment data. e.g. at risk of severe pain
3. Identify NURSING INTERVENTIONS related to the clinical issues. For each of the FOUR clinical issues provide nursing interventions (with rationales) e.g. Encourage deep breathing exercises hourly
4. Provide RATIONALES to support your interventions along with supporting relevant referenced literature / research. For the intervention: Encourage deep breathing exercises including use of the spirometry hourly; provide a rationale: further promotes normal lung expansion and increases oxygen levels, is useful in preventing pneumonia and atelectasis
Part B: Analysing and discussing the case to identify potential clinical issues (1100 words)
1. Discuss Sarah’s co-morbidities including smoking, cardiac heart disease, obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) (previous MI, hypertension and hypercholesterolemia) in the context of having a general anaesthetic (GA) and specific to the 24 hour postoperative period.
2. Choose TWO (2) potential clinical complications related to the co-morbidities that could arise in the 24 hour period.
3. Discuss the relevant assessment/s and interventions the nurse would initiate to identify and prevent clinical deterioration. Provide rationales for your actions/ interventions and support with academic literature
Part C: Discharge planning (700 words)
1. Plan and prioritise discharge advice and a plan for Sarah
2. In the discharge plan, consider the appropriate post-operative education for Sarah including the surgical procedure. Concisely provide a discharge plan and education around medication, prevention of post-operative complications, psychosocial issues, and lifestyle modification
3. Refrain from merely providing generic information. Be succinct and appropriate in your advice but also critically evaluate the information in the case and specifically relate this to your discharge plan.
Provide a CONCLUSION (approximately 100 words)
Your conclusion succinctly summarises the main points of your assignment but this section is not an opportunity to introduce new information.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA Ph. D. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER