Department of Spatial Information
SOLUTION AT Australian Expert Writers
The Department of Spatial Information (DSI) is a State Government department. The major function of DSI is to provide accurate and timely spatial information to other Government departments, but also to make some of this spatial information available to the public. In order to provide both the government and public services, DSI has developed a number of web services that deliver this information through a number of internally developed services and applications. This suite of web services and applications is referred to as the DSI Online Spatial Delivery System (OSDS).
The OSDS is considered essential by DSI and their users, so these services must be:
· Readily available and accessible at all times,
· Capable of handling heavy loads in times of peak demand,
· Capable of serving downloads to users as required,
· Secure from attacks,
· Capable of providing detailed reports on usage.
DSI is considering the following strategic proposal:
· They plan to retain their data centre solely for archival and long-term data storage. This would entail updating their data storage infrastructure, and moving all other infrastructure into the Cloud.
· They plan to initially move all their Web Services into the Cloud in order to provide an increased level of HA (High Availability) as well as a better degree of flexibility in supplying data to their customers and employees.
o Their web services are running on the current Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers using Apache Tomcat
· They plan to change their current web software architecture to take advantage of the flexibility and scalability that can be gained by moving to a Microservices model (this would entail the use of such services as AWS Lambda or Azure Functions, Containers, Data Services, and Cloud Edge capability and monitoring).
o All Microservices are to be designed so that they can be easily moved from one cloud to another to suit requirements or to take advantage of price differentials.
· They plan to use a multi-cloud approach to provide increased reliability, access, price differentials and avoid vendor lock-in.
· They also plan to migrate their Spatial LoB (Line of Business) applications to the cloud in order to increase the application’s flexibility and availability. The Spatial LoB application suite will require:
o a number of IaaS instances running Windows Server 2019
o a number of PaaS instances for Microsoft SharePoint 2019 Enterprise
· DSI are required under State Government legislation to keep spatial data sets in Australia.
The DSI Board is contemplating this strategy as a way to increase the company’s flexibility and responsiveness. The Board also expects to achieve significant savings by migrating to a Cloud based ICT infrastructure. They appreciate that this would entail retraining for:
· Their existing ICT staff so that they can manage the new Cloud based infrastructure,
· Their development staff so that they can start to develop using a Microservices model.
DSI has again approached you to advise them on this strategy. You have previously advised DTGOV that this strategic approach will mean that they will need to ultimately design and operate under a multi-cloud methodology, where parts of their data and services are located on and served from one public cloud, while other data and services are located on and served from a different public cloud.
DSI also plan to run a Risk and Security Workshop to assess the risks, security issues and possible methods of control that will be required with this Multi Cloud and Microservices approach. You will be required to organise, run and facilitate this workshop.
The Board is also concerned about how this strategy will affect their BCP (Business Continuity Plan) and their backup and disaster recovery strategies.
Discuss the requirements that DSI will need to consider in order to conduct remote administration, resource management and SLA management for its proposed Microservices approach. It should be no more than two pages in length.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA Ph. D. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER