Do the data support the notion that the Arch is in the shape of a parabola?
SOLUTION AT Australian Expert Writers
1. A reflecting telescope contains a mirror shaped like a paraboloid of revolution. If the mirror is 4 inches across at its opening and is 3 inches deep, where will the collected light be concentrated?
2. The Gateway Arch in St. Louis is often mistaken to be parabolic in shape. In fact, it is a catenary, which has a more complicated formula than a parabola. The Arch is 630 feet high and 630 feet wide at its base.
(a)Find the equation of a parabola with the same dimensions. Let x equal the horizontal distance from the center of the arch.(b)The table below gives the height of the Arch at various widths; find the corresponding heights for the parabola found in (a).
(c)Do the data support the notion that the Arch is in the shape of a parabola?
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA Ph. D. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER