health disparities of one of the underserved populations in the NYC-Metropolitan region. select from the African American, Latino, or a newly emerging immigrant community and then collectively concentrate on that population. Use the required Nur418 resources to aid in your composition: Allender, J. A., Rector, C., & Warner, K. D. (2013). Community & public health nursing: Promoting the public’s health. (8th ed.). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: North American edition. ISBN-13: 978-1609136888 American Nursing Association. (2007). ANA’s Principles of environmental health for nursing practice with implementation strategies. Silver Spring, MD: ANA. Retrieved from https://www.nursingworld.org/principles Sattler, B., & Lipscomb, J. (2003). Environmental health and nursing practice. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company. ISBN-13: 978-0826142825 The paper must be completed using APA format with appropriate APA references. Purdue OWL can assist you in the proper format: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/)
Learning Objectives/Reading Guides
Social Problems, Law and SocietyChapter 2: Law and Social Change: Bringing Social Movements into the Dialectic
1. Identify the two meanings of social problems.
2. Understand the various theoretical approaches to understanding social problems.
3. Critically compare the approaches to crime and deviance, the sociology of the law and social movements.
4. Explain social problems through the lens of the dialectic process.
Social Problems, Law and SocietyChapter 3: Ontological Gerrymandering: The Anatomy of Social Problems Explanations
1. Discuss what is meant by “ethnography of argument.”
2. Understand the structure of social problems argument.
3. Explain how ontological gerrymandering is evident in discussions about marijuana and child abuse.
4. Describe what is meant by practical management of social problems as compared to solving them.
Social Problems, Law and SocietyChapter 5: A Sociological Analysis of the Laws of Vagrancy
1. Explain how the social settings of laws can be analyzed to better understand the laws.
2. Describe the emergence of the law of vagrancy in England in the 1300s.
3. Assess how the English laws emerged in the United States and how the social setting for these laws differed.
Social Problems, Law and SocietyChapter 19: The State, The Legal Order, and Social Problems
1. Assess the differences between the government and the state.
2. Explain the instrumentalist perspective.
3. Describe structuralist theory and dialectic theory.
4. Discuss how a dialectic model of state and government decision making can solve problems that are inherent in other theories of the law.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT