Summarize what happened with Tiger Woods and his wife the night of the event and the career fallout he had after? IE, which brands dropped him and which stuck by him?
Chapters7: Business Ethics8. Making Ethical Decisions in Business17. Civil Rights, WomenQuestions:After reading the following cases, answer the pertaining questions IN YOUR OWN WORDS (not Wikipedia’s, not via another classmate’s – and when using ANY other source, as you will need to do research beyond the textbook this week, you must cite it). Include one brief paragraph per question.PART 1 – 30 pointsCh 7: The Trial of Martha Stewart1. Legal Decision – Summarize the MS case and why the law found her guilty.
2. The Times – What other companies did the government go after during that time, what happened to those firms, who were their leaders and would you recognize any of their faces?3. Early Career – Would you feel any differently about the case or Stewart if I told you that in her early career she was a stock broker? How does that change things? Knowing this key detail, do you think she did what she did because she didn’t do anything wrong or that she thought she was above the law?
4. Textbook Inconsistency – How is this case written differently from the cases you read in Week 1? What’s the critical element of omission?5. Character Perception – How do stay at home wives and mothers view Martha Stewart? How do Wall Street (mostly male) executives view her?6. Resilience – What’s Stewart up to these days? What do you think of her partnership with Snoop Dog?PART 2 – 35 PointsCh 8: David Geffen, Tiger Woods
7. The Event and the Fall Out – Summarize what happened with Tiger Woods and his wife the night of the event and the career fallout he had after? IE, which brands dropped him and which stuck by him?
8. Rebound? – Did Woods fully recover in his career after the event, whether in golf of with endorsements?
9. Spokesperson – Wearing your CEO hat, List the vetting process you would use in your firm before you would hire a celebrity to endorse it. Include at least 4 steps.10. Family Background – Who were David Geffen’s parents? Where did they come from? Were the success odds in his favor?11. Early Lies – List the ways in which Geffen lied / acted unethically to in order to early his early jobs in the entertainment industry.12. Changing the World – Research and state the industry-defining bands, musicals and films he launched/produced. List at least 5 names per category. (prior to DreamWorks)13. Dreamworks Partnership – Who were his partners, how much money did they (mostly Geffen) raise and what Oscar-winning films did they produce?PART 3 – 10 PointsCh 17: Adarand vs. Pena
14. Government Contracts – Describe the case background and its historical importance.15. Impact – Since the case ruling 22 years ago, have things changed? Wearing your CEO hat, how so and who has won and who has lost?
REMINDERS (for all assignments)
1. Write down your own ideas, anchored in evidence. I want to hear your voice.2. Be specific! Avoid redundancy and generalities/vague answers.3. Cite ALL sources used (urls ok to use)4. Comment, thoughtfully, on at least 6 other student posts5. Since the full assignment is due on Sunday, and everyone has to comment on their fellow peers’ work (75 points of the 150 possible), aim to have the above questions posted by Friday. You can also post these in sections as labeled above.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT