Explain why it is beneficial for managers to set performance expectations with employees, including benefits…
SOLUTION AT Australian Expert Writers
Task 2: Performance Management Plan Introduction:
In today’s fast-paced business environment, one of the most important assets an organization has is its workforce. An organization’s sustainable competitive advantage is often based on its ability to not only attract high-quality talent but also continuously develop and improve the skills and knowledge base of the current employees.
Human resource professionals continually seek ways to effectively establish and implement performance improvement plans that are effective, appropriate, and aligned to organizational goals. Such individuals ensure their employees have the most up-to-date skills, knowledge, and abilities needed to complete the organizational mission effectively.
This is accomplished through employee training, talent management, and performance management plans. As a human resource professional, your ability to effectively plan and implement a performance management plan will directly contribute to your organization’s success.
Scenario:You are the human resource manager of a midsize accounting firm. Mary Smith, a new accounting director within the firm, is concerned about how to coach an underperforming manager named John Miller, whom she oversees. A recent performance appraisal of John revealed that there were several areas that needed improvement. Mary is unsure of her next steps with John, and she has asked you to create a three-month performance management plan for him.
A. Discuss the importance of setting performance expectations by doing the following:
1. Explain why it is beneficial for managers to set performance expectations with employees, including benefits for both managers and employees.
2. Describe the process that managers should follow when setting performance expectations with employees.
B. Develop a performance management plan for John by doing the following:
1. Describe two areas in which John can improve by comparing the criteria in the attached “Accounts Payable Manager Job Description” to the information in the attached “Performance Appraisal.
”2. Describe the steps John needs to take to improve in eacharea identified in part B1.
3. Describe how John’s progress will be evaluated for eachstep identified in part B2.
4. Describe specific outcomes that will demonstrate John’s success in each area of improvement identified in part B1.
5. Describe a consequence John would face for noncompliance in eachof the steps identified for improvement in part B2.
6. Describe the final meeting that would take place between you, John, and Mary at the conclusion of the three-month performance management plan.
Include the following discussion topics:
∙how to acknowledge progress made during the performance management plan
∙how to conclude the performance management plan, including next steps
C. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
D. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
Explain why it is beneficial for managers to set performance expectations with employees, including benefits for bothmanagers and employees. appeared first on Essay Quoll.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA Ph. D. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER