information on S & G Inc.’s capital structure | Good Grade Guarantee!
1. Given the following information on S & G Inc.’s capital structure, compute the company’s weighted average cost of capital.
Type of Percent of Before-TaxCapital Capital Structure Component Cost
Bonds 40% 7.5%Preferred Stock 5% 11%Common Stock (Internal Only) 55% 15%
The company’s marginal tax rate is 40%. (Points : 1)13.3%7.1%10.6%10%
2. Asian Trading Company paid a dividend yesterday of $5 per share (D0 = $4). The dividend is expected to grow at a constant rate of 8% per year. The price of Asian Trading Company’s stock today is $29 per share. If Asian Trading Company decides to issue new common stock, flotation costs will equal $2.50 per share. Asian Trading Company’s marginal tax rate is 35%. Based on the above information, the cost of retained earnings is (Points : 1)28.38%.24.12%.26.62%.31.40%.
3. Five Rivers Casino is undergoing a major expansion. The expansion will be financed by issuing new 15-year, $1,000 par, 9% annual coupon bonds. The market price of the bonds is $1,070 each. Gamblers flotation expense on the new bonds will be $50 per bond. Gamblers marginal tax rate is 35%. What is the pre-tax cost of debt for the newly-issued bonds? (Points : 1)8.76%8.12%7.49%10.25%
4. A new machine can be purchased for $1,200,000. It will cost $35,000 to ship and $15,000 to modify the machine. A $12,000 recently completed feasibility study indicated that the firm can employ an existing factory owned by the firm, which would have otherwise been sold for $180,000. The firm will borrow $750,000 to finance the acquisition. Total interest expense for 5-years is expected to approximate $350,000. What is the investment cost of the machine for capital budgeting purposes? (Points : 1)$2,180,000$1,780,000$1,442,000$1,430,000
5. Zinc, Inc. is considering the acquisition of a new processing line. The processor can be purchased for $4,550,000. It will cost $65,000 to ship and $190,500 to install the processor. A recently completed feasibility study that was performed at a cost of $45,000 indicated that the processor would produce a positive NPV. Studies have shown that employee-training expenses will be $150,000. What is the total investment in the processing line for capital budgeting purposes? (Points : 1)$4,550,000$4,700,000$4,955,500$5,000,500
6. Porky Pine Co. is issuing a $1,000 par value bond that pays 8.5% interest annually. Investors are expected to pay $1,100 for the 12-year bond. Porky will pay $50 per bond in flotation costs. What is the after-tax cost of new debt if the firm is in the 35% tax bracket? (Points : 1)8.23%4.55%4.70%7.45%
7. Nickel Industries is considering the purchase of a new machine that will cost $178,000, plus an additional $12,000 to ship and install. The new machine will have a 5-year useful life and will be depreciated using the straight-line method. The machine is expected to generate new sales of $85,000 per year and is expected to increase operating costs by $10,000 annually. Nickel’s income tax rate is 40%. What is the projected incremental cash flow of the machine for year 1? (Points : 1)$54,800$60,200$66,350$68,200
8. Clanton Company is financed 75 percent by equity and 25 percent by debt. If the firm expects to earn $30 million in net income next year and retain 40% of it, how large can the capital budget be before common stock must be sold? (Points : 1)$7.5 million$12.0 million$15.5 million$16.0 million
9. A project for Jevon and Aaron, Inc. results in additional accounts receivable of $400,000, additional inventory of $180,000, and additional accounts payable of $70,000. What is the additional investment in net working capital? (Points : 1)$580,000$510,000$270,000$150,000
10. Kelly Corporation will issue new common stock to finance an expansion. The existing common stock just paid a $1.50 dividend, and dividends are expected to grow at a constant rate 8% indefinitely. The stock sells for $45, and flotation expenses of 5% of the selling price will be incurred on new shares. What is the cost of new common stock be for Kelly Corp.? (Points : 1)11.33%11.51%11.60%11.79%12.53
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM.
- **REMEMBER TO PRECISE PAGE NUMBER**
- Hit The Order Button To Order A **Custom Paper**