This week’s required readings discuss the legal rights and remedies of crime victims. Victimization can be devastating to an individual, to families, to communities, and to society. With contemporary understanding of the immediate and residual effects of victimization came the development of certain rights to redress and remedies to attempt to address the wrongs perpetrated against victims.
Address the following in your initial post:
- In what ways can victimization be addressed?
- In your response, critically analyze the rise of victimology and at least one remedy stemming from the criminal justice system’s response to victimization.
- Explain its pros and cons and suggest holistic plans to address any issues with the methods used to remedy victimization.
Your initial post must contain approximately 400 words and reference at least two scholarly sources in proper APA format.
Daigle, L. E. (2017). Victimology: A text/reader (2nd ed.). Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu/
- Section III: Consequences of Victimization (pp. 66-77)
- Section V: Victims’ Rights and Remedies (pp. 133-147)
Erez, E., & Roberts, J. (2013). Victim participation in the criminal justice system. In R. C. Davis, A. J. Lurigio, & S. Herman (Eds.), Victims of crime (pp. 251-270). Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu/
- This is Chapter 11 in this primary course text.
Howley, S., & Dorris, C. F. (2013). Legal rights for crime victims in the criminal justice system. In R. C. Davis, A. J. Lurigio, & S. Herman (Eds.), Victims of crime (pp. 271-292). Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu/
- This is Chapter 12 in this primary course text.
Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
(USA, AUS, UK & CA Ph. D. Writers)
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER