SOLUTION AT Australian Expert Writers
Part 1: Electricians’ Tools
1. Which of the following types of symbols would be used on an electrical drawing for a large machine?A. Schematic symbolsB. Blueprint symbolsC. Pictorial symbolsD. Wiring symbols
2. Which of the following is the correct Ohm’s law formula?A. I =B. R =C. I =D. P = EI
3. A #1 Phillips screwdriver has a shaft diameter of
4. In a distribution system that’s operating at 4.160 kV, what is the voltage level in volts?A. 4,160 voltsB. 4,160,000 voltsC. 0.004160 voltsD. 4.160 volts
5. A multipurpose wiring tool can be used toA. cut armor.B. crimp terminals.C. tighten bolts.D. solder wire.
6. In order for you to properly cut 1/2 inch EMT conduit, how many teeth per inch should a hacksaw blade have?A. 14 teeth per inchB. 32 teeth per inchC. 18 teeth per inchD. 24 teeth per inch
7. Which of the following types of tool should be used only on round work, such as rigid or IMC conduit?A. A pipe wrenchB. A tuggerC. An adjustable wrenchD. A diagonal pliers
8. The amp is the basic unit of electricalA. current.B. energy.C. power.D. voltage.
9. A clamp-type measuring instrument operates on the principle ofA. resistance.B. transformance.C. voltage.D. induction.
10. Which of the following tools should be used only for cutting wire?A. A diagonal cutterB. A multipurpose wiring toolC. A lineman’s pliersD. A longnose pliers
11. A _______ is often used to cut holes to install outlet boxes in old installations.A. hole sawB. knockout punchC. keyhole sawD. hacksaw
12. An electrical connection between an electrical circuit or equipment and the earth is called aA. short circuit.B. load.C. ground.D. neutral.
13. Which of the following metals is the best electrical conductor, but isn’t used in wire because of its extremely high cost?A. ZincB. SilverC. CopperD. Platinum
14. An example of a good electrical insulator isA. copper.B. aluminum.C. rubber.D. iron.
15. Which of the following types of drill bit has several cutting diameters on a single bit?A. A spade bitB. A masonry bitC. An auger bitD. A step bit
16. If a wire has insulation that allows it to operate in a temperature of up to 194 degrees Fahrenheit, what temperature will the wire operate up to in degrees Celsius?A. 90 degrees CelsiusB. 351 degrees CelsiusC. 108 degrees CelsiusD. 162 degrees Celsius
17. An electrician’s side-cutting pliers could properly be used toA. shorten a1 -inch bolt.B. splice two wires together.C. cut conduit.D. cut large nails.
18. Electricians should use ladders made of fiberglass rather than metal, because metal laddersA. will mar the surface finish of electrical unit covers.B. can’t be painted.C. conduct electricity.D. can magnetize an electrician’s tools.
19. The Phillips screwdriver that’s most often used by electricians is sizeA. #0.B. #1.C. #3.D. #2.
20. Which of the following instruments can detect the presence of a voltage, but not the voltage level?A. Neon circuit testerB. Clamp-type meterC. MultitesterD. Wattmeter
Part 2- Getting Started as an Electrician
1. Which of the following is the main consideration when choosing an appropriate outlet box?A. The box should have handy mounting brackets.B. The box should fit a template hole.C. The box should provide a good ground.D. The box should have the correct capacity.
2. Which of the following wire gage sizes is the thickest?A. 14B. 10C. 0D. 8
3. The electric meter for a new house is furnished by theA. homeowner.B. electrician.C. electric company.D. contractor.
4. A home electrical system is joined to the electric company’s system at the junction of theA. black and red wires in the meter.B. panelboard and service drop.C. service entrance head and service drop.D. neutral strip in the panelboard.
5. A 120 V general-purpose circuit should have circuit breakers or fuses with values ofA. 100 A.B. 120/240 A.C. 50 A.D. 15 A or 20 A.
6. How many outlets are allowed on a 240 V branch circuit?A. 1B. 3C. 9D. 6
7. Which of the following can be defined as “the complete path of an electric current”?A. A receptacleB. A ground faultC. A voltage sourceD. A circuit
8. The easiest time to install conduit is when you’reA. wiring new construction with open walls.B. snaking wire through finished walls.C. removing a circuit from a breaker panel.D. converting a fuse box to a breaker panel.
9. Which of the following formulas would you use to calculate the power requirements of an electrical load?A. P = I × RB. P =C. P =D. P = E × I
10. Electrical pressure is also calledA. amperage.B. conductance.C. voltage.D. resistance.
11. Which of the following electrical characteristics remains the same during normal residential electrical use?A. The current flowB. The wattage consumptionC. The meter readingD. The voltage level
12. In which of the following rooms in a new house would you be most likely to find a GFCI outlet?A. BedroomB. Living roomC. BathroomD. Dining room
13. Electricity produces work when the electrons in a conductorA. are placed in motion.B. become positive.C. stay negative.D. stop all movement.
14. The main disconnect in a service panel is a(n)A. receptacle.B. circuit breaker.C. bus bar.D. ammeter.
15. The electrician’s main source of information about electrical installation rules and regulations is theA. National Electrical Code.B. National Electrical Safety Code.C. State Safety Code.D. Occupational Safety and Health Act.
Part 3- Working Safely with Electricity
1. Which of the following organizations would maintain records of tested electrical equipment?A. Underwriters LaboratoriesB. National Fire Protection AssociationC. National Electrical Contractors AssociationD. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
2. Before a new electrical installation can be connected to the source of electricity, it must be examined and approved byA. the National Fire Protection Association.B. the Underwriters Laboratories.C. a local inspection agency.D. an electrical code committee.
3. Which one of the following tools would be provided to construction electricians by an electrical contractor?A. Power Conduit BenderB. PliersC. ScrewdriversD. Wire Strippers
4. If an electrician must do electrical work in an area with a damp floor, he can reduce the possibility of shock byA. working with one hand.B. wearing leather shoes.C. holding on to a water pipe.D. standing on a dry board.
5. You are attempting to help a person who is in contact with a hot wire. Given the importance of time in this situation, the first thing you should do isA. search around for the circuit breaker to cut off the current.B. use the nearest nonconducting object to free the person.C. pull the person off the wire with your hands.D. keep the victim warm.
6. A person would probably suffer the most severe electric shock by completing a circuit through his or herA. left hand to left shoulder.B. right hand to right foot.C. right hand to right shoulder.D. left hand to right hand.
7. Which one of the following metals is commonly used for electrical wires?A. TinB. CopperC. IronD. Lead
8. A master electrician’s license is most likely to be held byA. a journeyman electrician.B. an electrical estimator.C. a maintenance electrician.D. an electrical contractor.
9. OSHA has authority over the employers ofA. maintenance electricians.B. state government workers.C. local government workers.D. coal miners.
10. Buildings must be wired to comply with the latest National Electrical Code to ensure that, with adequate maintenance, the installation will be basicallyA. efficient from an economic viewpoint.B. productive of good service.C. convenient for tenants.D. free from avoidable hazards.
11. If certain conditions exist, current levels as low as _______ can be fatal.A. 1AB. 1nAC. 1µAD. 1mA
12. Knowledge of the NESC would be most beneficial toA. a residential contractor.B. a maintenance electrician.C. a utility construction electrician.D. an industrial construction electrician.
13. A maintenance electrician would likely specialize in one kind of work if he is employed in a largeA. office building.B. industrial plant.C. hospital.D. apartment house.
14. During working hours an electrician should not wearA. shoes with rubber-type soles and heals.B. a Class B hard hat.C. a long sleeve shirt.D. a wristwatch or ring.
15. A person working in an area where fumes from explosive gases are present must wearA. safety shoes.B. electrical hazards shoes.C. conductive shoes.D. hard-toe shoes.
16. To prevent accidental electric shock, most electrical equipment isA. painted.B. grounded.C. coated.D. isolated.
17. The device used to deenergize circuits automatically when a very small ground-fault flows is theA. safety switch.B. circuit breaker.C. circuit interrupter.D. time delay fuse.
18. When a heart beats out of rhythm, the condition is calledA. artificial respiration.B. ventricular resuscitation.C. artificial resuscitation.D. ventricular fibrillation.
19. Which one of the following is not one of the standard classifications for an electrician, as used for licensing and testing purposes?A. JourneymanB. AssistantC. ApprenticeD. Master
20. A person can receive an electric shock byA. completing an electrical circuit.B. touching a motor frame.C. contacting a grounded neutral.D. standing in water.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA Ph. D. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER